Discussions générales Sénégal

The sight of Newman o
Auteur: panxing18   
Date:   19-09-18 01:19   >>> Répondre à ce message

San Francisco general manager John Lynch said Monday the team will be patient through linebacker Reuben Foster's legal issues in a domestic violence case but stressed he won't remain on the 49ers if the team determines he hit a woman.

Lynch spoke publicly for the first time since Foster was charged with felony domestic violence on April 12 after being accused by authorities of dragging his girlfriend and punching her in the head Cris Carter Jersey , leaving her with a ruptured eardrum.

"The gravity of these charges has not been lost on us," Lynch said. "We take it extremely seriously. We do feel like patience is the right approach right now. We're going to learn things through this legal process. I do want to be very clear, abundantly clear, that if these charges are proven true, if Reuben indeed hit this young lady, he won't be a part of our organization going forward."

The 49ers announced a few days later that Foster would not take part in the offseason program while he deals with the legal matter.

Lynch said he expects that to remain the case until something changes, meaning Foster will remain away from the team until his legal case is resolved.

Lynch said the team has been in contact with the league, which could place Foster on the commissioner's exempt list while the legal process plays out, which would keep him away from the team and off the roster.

Lynch said Foster is in contact with members of his player development staff and working out on his own during this period where he is not allowed to be part of the team.

"We miss his spirit a lot," linebacker Malcolm Smith said. "Just being around the guys. Obviously he's going through some issues and legal stuff. We definitely miss his spirit in our group."

Prosecutors said the 24-year-old Foster attacked his girlfriend in February at their Los Gatos home, leaving her bruised and with an injured eardrum.

The 28-year-old woman told responding officers that Foster dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of the house, and punched her in the head eight to 10 times.

Foster was also charged with felony possession of an assault weapon after officers found a Sig Sauer 516 short-barreled rifle in his home while investigating his girlfriend's domestic violence report.

If convicted on all charges, He faces up to 11 years in prison.

"We just feel like right now that we don't have all the information Dion Dawkins Jersey ," Lynch said.

"That's where we're at. Everyone looks at that and say, 'Wait, the DA has levied charges. How is that not enough information?' I would tell you that each one of these cases is unique and in this case we don't feel like we have enough information. We will wait and figure it out."

The 49ers drafted Foster 31st overall last year after questions about his health and character caused him to drop from being a possible top 10 pick.

Foster delivered on the field, ranking second on the team with 72 tackles in 10 games as a rookie and looking like a key part of San Francisco's defensive future.

Foster then was charged in January in Alabama with second-degree marijuana possession before the incident in February that led to the most recent charges.

EAGAN, Minn. (AP) — The end of an NFL player’s career can be a difficult adjustment with, to start, the sudden dip in adrenaline, camaraderie and competition.

Terence Newman was hardly at risk for a bad experience.

He was able to stay on the field until just three days remained before his 40th birthday, but he never had a serious injury. After the Minnesota Vikings announced his retirement, well, he didn’t even have to leave the building. Newman immediately joined the coaching staff and started analyzing film for head coach Mike Zimmer before he could even indulge in a moment of nostalgia.

“I was definitely cool with it. It was something I wanted to try eventually,†said Newman, whose title is nickel/defensive backs coach. “I figured, ‘When’s the best time but now?’ I’ve been in this defense. I know the players. Pretty simple.â€

As he discussed his decision in front of reporters at team headquarters Monday Ito Smith Jersey , two days after the surprise news emerged with the roster cuts to reach the 53-player limit for the regular season , Newman at one point started to cry before recomposing himself after a few seconds. Fifteen years in the league is a long time, after all, and even the steeliest of personalities can be softened by a sentimental cocktail of joy, sadness and pride.

Make no mistake, though: Newman will not be wishing this season he still had a helmet.

“I’ve thought about what it’s going to be like on the sideline and not have to hit 300-pound men,†he said. “It’s probably going to be different the first time, not having done it before, probably one of those things where you have to really experience it to be able to talk about it.â€

Though Zimmer approached Newman with the idea, the Vikings were prepared to keep him on the roster. His willingness to become an assistant, thus, allowed them to keep a younger player, like undrafted rookie cornerback Holton Hill for example, who might have otherwise had to hit the waiver wire.

“My body felt good Andre Tippett Jersey , but I realized that it was time for me to step away,’ Newman said. “I wanted to be done and not have to worry about, ‘What if I ever start a family? Will I be able to walk and play with my kids and stuff like that?'â€

In an interview with The Associated Press last week, before he knew what was coming, Newman said he wasn’t spending any extra time this summer savoring his NFL status given that this was already likely going to be his final season as a player. He wasn’t anxious about the end coming, either.

“If you respect yourself as a person and don’t want to be objectified as just a football player, I feel like you have a much easier transition once you’re done because you already understand, hey, you’re a person,†Newman said. “Football has helped me tremendously and I’ve enjoyed it, but I’m not a football player. I’m a human being. I’m Terence Newman first and foremost, but I happen to play football.â€

If an injury were to leave the Vikings short-handed at cornerback, NFL rules would prohibit them from signing Newman. No person employed by a club in any capacity other than as a player may play for any club in that same season unless he’s counted on the active list at the time of the roster reduction to 53 players.

Newman’s primary proteges are Mackensie Alexander, who was listed as doubtful on the injury report on Friday to play in the opener on Sunday against San Francisco Mike Hull Jersey , and Mike Hughes, the team’s first-round draft pick.

“I know him on a personal level, so it’s kind of him giving me the gems,†Alexander said. “His coaching expertise is a little different than a normal coach would have, but it works and I’m loving the opportunity to be coached by him.â€

The sight of Newman on the practice fields, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt rather than his purple No. 23 jersey, was an odd sight. Newman said hearing his now-former teammates call him “Coach†has been strange. His status as an advice dispenser, though, has remained unchanged.

“He’s a guy I went to a lot last year and will continue to go to to ask, ‘What is this corner thinking in this technique? What is he trying to take away? Where is he trying to make you go?'†wide receiver Adam Thielen said. “He’s just a tremendous asset to this team, and I’m glad he’s here.â€
Adidas Duncan Keith Jersey

panxingdhfd

Liste des forums  |  Besoin d'un login ? Enregistre toi ici
 Identification
 Nom d'utilisateur:
 Mot de passe:
 Se rappeler de mon login:

Mot de passe oublié ?
Entre ici ton e-mail ou ton identifiant et un nouveau mot de passe te sera envoyé par mail.