Discussions générales Sénégal

The Colts’ performance against the Cowboys was arguably
Auteur: panxing18   
Date:   23-02-19 05:55   >>> RĂ©pondre Ă  ce message

their strongest of the season Kenny Moore Color Rush Jersey , with all facets of the team performing at a high level. The Dallas Cowboys were the hottest team in the NFL, winning their last five games, including a win against the Saints. The Colts shut them down on both sides of the ball and even added a blocked field goal on special teams to add an extra whammy on the game. Marlon Mack lead the way on the ground with 27 carries for 139 yards and 2 touchdowns. TY Hilton lead the way in the passing game with 5 catches for 85 yards including a couple of fantastic catches. The Colts had a tough time stopping Ezekiel Elliott, but when they took a double-digit lead, the Cowboys were forced to pass more, which hindered his impact. He finished the game with 18 carries for 87 yards and 7 catches for 41 yards. The win moves the Colts to 8-6 and keeps them right in the middle of the playoff hunt. They’ll play the Giants next week followed by what’s looking to be a massive season finale matchup against the Titans. Defense Was in Bend Don’t Break ModeThe defense allowed a lot of yards and had to defend against some long drives early in the game, but they played a stout bend-don’t-break style of defense. In the first quarter, the Colts had a massive goal line stand after a long Cowboys drive. In the second quarter, the Cowboys bled the clock for half the quarter, but the Colts stood strong at the beginning of field goal range and forced the Cowboys to punt. They allowed 159 yards on three drives in the first half, but did not break. Even though the Cowboys held the ball for over 19 minutes in the first half, the Colts allowed no points. It was a very strong defensive performance and their bend-don’t-break mentality in the first half set the tone for a strong overall game. Ryan Kelly’s Return was HugeRyan Kelly’s return sparked a resurgence in the Colts’ running game. Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines had 158 yards on the ground on 33 carries. It’s worth noting that the 4.8 yards per carry doesn’t do the stat justice as the Colts ran the ball most of the time in the latter portion of the 3rd quarter and essentially the entire 4th quarter against a Cowboys defense that stacked the box to stop the run (knowing the Colts were only going to run it with a 20+ point lead). It’s no surprise that Ryan Kelly was often seen opening holes and leading the way for many blocks. There was one play in the 1st half where he pulled and lead blocked for Mack on a 15 yard run, but it was called back because of a bad penalty call. Kelly’s return paid major dividends in the running game.In the passing game, the Colts allowed no sacks and while Luck did feel pressure on several occasions https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Jeremiah-George-Jersey , it’s worth noting that the Cowboys have one of the best front sevens and pass rushers in the NFL, so that would definitely be considered a big win for Kelly and the big boys up front. Balanced Attack Was Key to Strong Play on OffenseThe Colts finished the game with more rushes than pass attempts, and the balance, especially in the entire first half and 3rd quarter were instrumental in the Colts’ victory. By utilizing a balanced attack, they were able to effectively move the ball the entire game against a strong defense. It made third downs easier (they went 8 for 12 on third downs) because they kept the yardage very manageable. Colts Secondary Shut Down Amari CooperAmari Cooper was setting the league on fire. In his last three games, Cooper had 26 catches for 473 yards and 5 touchdowns. Against the Colts, Cooper had only 4 catches for 32 yards and a rush for 11 yards. You can call that a shutdown. The Colts mixed up a few different defensive backs against him, but Desir got a lot of action against him. The Colts, especially on passing downs, shadowed Malik Hooker over the top to ensure that Cooper would not take the lid off the defense. Stopping Cooper was instrumental in stopping Dak Prescott and the Cowboys passing game as their other receivers (Gallup, Hurns and Beasley), failed to separate themselves from the pesky Colts secondary and all had sub-par performances. If you’ve read anything I’ve written prior to now, you’ll notice I don’t pull punches and when I’m trying to pump up Colts fans. I don’t feel the need to tell them all the ways we could lose and give the one troll from the opposing team’s website something to look forward to. If you’re looking for film or game analysis, we have that elsewhere on this website. If you’re looking for fair and balanced reporting without any bias Denico Autry Jersey , hahaha you and me both, my friend.The Kansas City Chiefs are the top seed in the AFC and Arrowhead Stadium is one of the premier football venues in the United States. In fact, Arrowhead is so awesome that my wife and I are literally thinking about driving out there to just soak it all in. Bucket list stuff, you know how it is.The Chiefs bring to the table the NFL’s top offense in just about every category. They lead the league in total yards and touchdowns scored on offense, for example. Sure, the Colts are right behind them in offensive excellence and I’m sure mostly what you’ll hear from major media outlets is something along the lines of “H-h-how can the Colts beat the Chiefs?”Let me count the ways.First, if you pay attention to the little things (like time of possession), you’ll notice that lately, the Colts have spent the first half of games with the ball in their possession on long scoring drives. That’s one way to beat a great offense, right? Keep them cold on the sideline like teams used to try to do to Peyton Manning. My question would be, is time of possession relevant to the quality of defensive play for the team that possesses the football the majority of the game? I doubt it, because teams take different approaches to scoring. Some teams, like the Colts, are methodical and use the game clock Nyheim Hines Color Rush Jersey , meaning the defense is getting some rest. The Chiefs go for the quick strike and tend to have shorter bouts of possession on offense, leaving their defense on the field most of the game. You don’t have to eat clock when you can just score at will, right?Second, Colts GM Chris Ballard was once a chief of the Chiefs, so you’ve got to think he knows a thing or two about the team he helped build, right? One question I’d have about this game will be “How does familiarity help you plan for an opponent?” Much of the league has failed to deal with Patrick Mahomes’ unorthodox approach to playing quarterback up to this point and it’ll be interesting to see how this game unfolds. Andy Reid is also an offensive mastermind of a head coach, and it’ll be interesting to see who wins this battle of wits between he and our defensive coordinator Matt (Please don’t leave us!) Eberflus. Certainly, if Matt’s able to put together a gameplan that puts the Colts over the top, a head coaching opportunity will follow.Third, this Colts defensive secondary is making waves lately, and another important question coming in to this game will be “How effective will the Colts’ secondary be against the likes of Tyreek Hill, Damien Williams and Travis Kelce?” Frankly, I’m not sure. Lately, the Colts have struggled to apply pressure on opposing quarterbacks up front via a consistent pass rush and have played bend-don’t-break defense in the secondary while allowing catches at a high rate.I’m not sure how this will play out on Saturday https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Johnny-Unitas-Jersey , but in order for the Colts to win, they’ll have to continue to put the Chiefs offense in 3rd down and long yardage situations and then win those downs. As we’ve seen this year, Andrew Luck is incredible on 3rd down. Mahomes and the Chiefs offense have been even better.The most important question that will ultimately determine the outcome of the game will be “Can this Chiefs defense stop the Colts on offense?” The Chiefs are 31st in yards allowed and 24th in takeaways, but are tied for the lead in the NFL in total sacks. There isn’t a defensive metric to sell the Chiefs on outside of the pressure they generate up front, and frankly Kansas City should worry that the Colts may very well be built to beat teams just like this and have no problem doing it in your back yard, either.Recent trends say the Colts are on the upswing and the Chiefs have leveled off based on the outcome of their recent games. Look back, the Colts are coming in to this game having gone 11-1 since Week 6 and have won their last 5 games in a row. The Chiefs are coming in to this game having gone 3-2 in their last 5 games (2 of those 3 wins were against the Raiders) and have also been sitting around waiting without playing a game in two weeks leading up to this contest, which makes me wonder if the long layoff will have a negative impact on Kansas City’s offensive continuity.Much of what you’ve read here is basic data backed up with questions that will be answered on the field Saturday. That said, what questions do you have about the game? Let me know in the comments below!

panxingdhfd

Liste des forums  |  Besoin d'un login ? Enregistre toi ici
 Identification
 Nom d'utilisateur:
 Mot de passe:
 Se rappeler de mon login:

Mot de passe oubliĂ© ?
Entre ici ton e-mail ou ton identifiant et un nouveau mot de passe te sera envoyé par mail.